Wednesday, June 5, 2013

When the Rain Stops

I got my feet kind of wet but couldn't resist the garden this morning.  Thick clouds made the light just perfect, and all those shimmering drops of water on the flowers. . .  
No, I couldn't resist.   


A new section of garden.  It looks so much more lovely than the grass it replaced.

An Iris for Jacqueline

I think I'll call this one Overkill.

And this one, 15 Minutes of Fame

These volunteers are certainly earning their keep.

With rain almost every day, these guys were to be expected.


Lovely the way they are all enjoying each other's company.  

Just can't get enough of Lady's Mantle after it rains.

Sweet, tiny thing.

These little flowers are just so charming and will grow wherever you happen to plant them.

My basket of flowers has been enjoying all the May and June showers.

A photo to cleanse the palate and get ready for orange.

Orange.

Today's award for garden show-off goes to the azalea.  




A faery cap just waiting for a customer.

A sky shot.  Interesting.  And a bit difficult to get on a rainy day.

The new Hawthorn tree is blooming.  A bit late since it's supposed to bloom for May Day, but lovely nonetheless. 

And the forget-me-nots are hoping to be remembered.  

The mullein attracts all sorts of enchanted creatures, I'm sure.

And for some reason when I crawl on the ground and lift up wet leaves to find one of these guys, I feel like an intruder.  They work so hard at being inconspicuous.  Found you!  And now I'll just back away quietly.

But not before I snap a quick photo of your friend over here.  I'm going now.  I promise.

2 comments: