Monday, February 3, 2014

Sometimes it's fun just to play

Yesterday I took a few photos while visiting the conservatory.  Today I decided to take some time to go back with a camera instead of a phone, take my time, and really see what I could see.  Back home again looking at the hundred-plus photos I'd taken, I decided to just play with them.  I discovered that playing is a lot of fun.  Gotta try it more often.


The Fern Room:  A sauna with plants.  A wonderful start.


An orchid display.  Ribbons for the best.  I don't know how they chose.  All of them were magical.

Which way would you choose?  


I think the fish were trying to tell me something.  Unfortunately, it appears I can't hear at their frequency.  I hope there isn't anything sinister going on.  Colonel Mustard with a fish hook in the conservatory.





Some creatures just need no manipulation to make themselves interesting.




Careful cropping can often direct the eye to images of particular interest, like this little goblin who was turned into a flower.






Less can be more.

She said she wanted her ruffles accentuated.  I think it works.



The flower in the foreground is lovely, but whatever is happening in the back, I like that too.  

Wanted to get a photo of this turtle yesterday.  It was too crowded to really get a good shot.  Thank goodness he hadn't moved.  

Hmmm.  Not telling.

I  feel a very strong urge to get a pencil 
and try to get out of the maze.  









It's extremely peaceful watching fish.  Do they feel it too?  Could they zip around making sharp turns, sudden stops?  I think so.  Yet they choose to slide along, slipping past over and over again.  Eyeing me as they swim by.  We share a moment.  I walk on, thinking about getting back to the rest of my day.  And they just glide by again.   

3 comments:

  1. Enchanting and calming all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your garden images are so lovely...I can transport myself to a warmer season....where flowers bloom and the warm breezes lean against the flowers. So if you can make your yarn like that, I'll buy it. hehehe

    ReplyDelete