Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Macro photography sounds like fun. It just may be harder than one would first suppose.

Over the winter I read a book about macro photography and dreamt about the garden again in bloom and the flowers just yearning for their close-ups.  I ordered some equipment and waited.  And waited. And now that there are some likely customers out there and the sky is nice and cloudy, I ventured out.  Today I tried the extension tube.  I just used one, although you can stack them up to three deep.  I took the deepest one and put my lens on top of it.  I had to use Manual, or at least I think I did.  Something I'm not used to doing.  But I got some shots.  Let's just say that I am posting these as a record of my first day out in Macro.  Let's see how the summer shapes up.







No comments:

Post a Comment