Sunday, August 4, 2013

Fantasy Gardening?

I don't know exactly what fantasy football is, but after a trip to the arboretum today, I've been doing a little fantasy gardening in my head and with my camera.  Here are the players I've picked for next year's team.  If only I had room for them all.

Total color, and all of it orange.  

But also there's beauty in the lack of color.  Still brilliant.

But I can't stay away from orange today.  And I don't see any reason why I would have to.  It's my fantasy after all. 




But luckily in my fantasy garden I have infinite room, so there's plenty of room for all these scrumptious daylilies.

 




Is delicate too obvious a word for this one?

And in my fantasy garden bees would thrive.

Even the teeny weeny ones.


And flowers could bloom any color they wanted to.  Even if all the other flowers on the plant want to be purple.  If you want to be orange, be orange.  You may follow your bliss.



And if your insides are gone, really truly gone, you can still have leaves and branches and little crab apples.



And when you find a feather in my garden, 
it's large and iridescent.  From a bird about as big as a turkey.


The fish would be giant, and helpful. 



And although there would be an abundance of orange, we would still want some purple,
if only to make the orange look even more lovely.




No comments:

Post a Comment