Thursday, October 10, 2013

Catching the last rays of an autumn day

It's getting harder and harder to get out in the garden when the evening light is just right.  It keeps being just right about fifteen minutes before I think about going outside.  Last evening I decided to try it anyway.  I was so late that the flash kept going off on the camera.  But I just turned off the flash and went for it. 

Chrysanthemums, with or without bug.



I enjoy them both ways.

Crazy bean plant.  I keep trying to capture how interesting it is.  It is now creeping all over the garden.  Colorful and welcome this time of year.

I call this rosebud blooming on October 9th, Optimist.

The baby hawthorne tree loaded with beautiful red berries.  


The joe pye weed that kept the bumblebees busy all summer still has a wild charm to it.  Though it does say dead and dying in a very autumn-like way. But a nice break from all the yellow, orange and red.  

1 comment:

  1. Smelling the roses in autumn! Very lovely. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete