Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The First of October, or is it Still Summer?

It's the first of October.  No frost yet.  Not even a cool breeze today.  The plants know something is up.  The days are getting shorter even if the temperatures are summer-like and the sun still feels so warm on your skin, or on your leaves and petals, whatever the case.  
Do you see the gnome hiding in the photo?  I did.  I went outside to see who it was.  Just a ceramic mushroom top and some leaves and shadows.  Or was I just too late?






The magic bean stalk I planted never took me to the castles in the sky.  I had to take a plane.  But they did produce some interesting flowers and beans.

If one is too impatient to wait until the garden is in shadow later in the day, one might just end up with photos that have the light in the background instead of on the subject.  So one might have to resort to black and white to get a pleasing result.

Lemon, . . . . lemonade.

Bwbachod does not know that it is the first day of October.  But he celebrated the day by looking directly at me when I took his photo.  And if you happen to know Bwbachod, you will know why this is such a momentous occasion.

Happy October, fellow travelers!  

1 comment: