Thursday, October 10, 2013

Enchantment thriving in the urban environment. Thank you, Minneapolis

I wish I could have been at the meeting where this idea was first proposed.  It's very satisfying to see that such an enchanting concept made it into reality.  

If you happen to take a walk along the Mississippi across from St. Anthony Main, you might find some petrified creatures.  And not because they are scared.  

When I came upon this on my walk, I was curious and kept my eyes peeled.

Not a worm.  And it appears that he travels at times.


Hopping marks in the pavement.  I stood and watched them for a while.  They didn't blink.

For some so small you seem to have a bit of an attitude.

Hopping down the froggy trail.  


These guys sure leave a lot of tracks, especially for ones who look so bronzed.





See? Even the city thinks they move.  They've got this snapper fenced in. 

Finally, a worm!  I wonder what happened to the other twelve?

Umm.  Could it be the bronze snakes and turtles and frogs and lizards have actually eaten almost all the little bronze worms?  Enchanting indeed.

Ah, now that I'm on to you, you're taking off? 

And then I spy this.  So lifelike and delicate.  Incredible. 
And, yes,  interestingly enough, this one could even move.




















1 comment:

  1. The world around you appears the way you perceive it!! I like to see it enchanting!

    ReplyDelete