Tuesday, July 9, 2013

For those who may need a bit more of an enticement to become enchanted. . .

So today I know I was taken by the faeries for a bit.  I don't know how long I was in their possession, but when I came in the house again, I had almost 80 new photos on my camera.  And for those of you who may still be unconvinced, I present the evidence.  


Take that!

And that.

A perfect place for faery frolicking?




So many flowers, so beautiful.  Must be some enchantment at work here.

And amidst all this enchantment, I predict there will be an execution in the garden today.  So sorry.

Sometimes I like to sit and think, and sometimes I just like to sit.  Luckily, no one seems to be able to tell the difference.


And back by popular demand, Lady in Red.


A column of flowers, just sitting on the ground.  Enchanting, no?

Snapdragons.  Hmm.  Dragons?  Just sayin'.

Everyone loves the moneywort this year, so I let it have its five seconds of fame.


For those of you with a membership card for the Society of Urban Enchantment, I think you should keep your card handy.  Dead giant in your future?  One free dead giant removal.  We gotta keep an eye on this bean vine.

In another world this would just be a succulent.  But in the faeries' world, it looks very magical.

For all you faeries waiting for summer hats, the foxglove is about to bloom.  Get your little heads ready.

It happened again.  I saw this dragonfly whizzing by and called for him to stay.  He circled back and landed right in front of me.  He stayed and stayed and stayed.  I think I need to learn the word that releases them afterwards.



The photos of these are so enchanting.  I think there's a little pixie in my camera.  One that really likes ranunculus.







A real poser.




 

The bee balm is about to burst.

A strange dwelling has sprung up in the garden.  I wonder who lives here.

And I will leave you with the apricot achillea.  A little wonder in itself. 


2 comments: