Sunday, July 28, 2013

Today, It's the Daylilies

This summer has been a lovely one for gardening.  I keep moving plants around, trying to get them all in just the right place.  And even if they are in bloom when I move them, they accept my decision and just keep going.  I appreciate it, so I give them lots of extra attention and plenty of water to show my gratitude.

This afternoon, on my venture through the garden with my camera, there were many beautiful flowers, but I think the day goes to the daylilies.  They were just magnificent tonight.

I am still amazed by the complexity of this little plant.  It's doing so well and looking just luscious. 

Even close up.

This little bee held perfectly still for his big moment.

I am a bit worried.  It looks like someone has planted a beanstalk. In preparation for climbing the castle walls perhaps?



Although this is a perennial, not an annual, it just keeps chugging along.  And looking quite striking at that.

The foxglove are almost done.  But last year's foxglove has reseeded generously all around the garden, so next year should be spectacular.  Very glovie.

They seem to have an expression, if not quite a face.

More beanstalks.  
I'd better hide my goose the lays the golden eggs!

Can't hide this beauty.  It just glows.

A bit quieter, but lovely, nonetheless.

This one has its own energy source.  
Maybe I can start charging my phone out here.

Although this is Love Lies Bleeding, it looks more like
Love Spins Totally Out of Control.

Someday I'm going to chomp down on a hollyhock leaf. 
 The critters in the garden certainly find them delicious.  


This clematis always looks like it's stuck somewhere between being extremely beautiful and kind of shriveled up.  

See?


I planted this milkweed for the monarchs.  Is this a monarch?
Hey, are you a monarch?  Of which realm?

Yes, I realize this isn't quite in focus.  But it's pretty!

I moved this little rosebush so many times in its life.  This time I really thought it was going to give up.  And then, wow.

More daylilies.  They only open one day, so it's nice to take a photo to remember them by.

This is going to be a great memory.

Same daylily, different view.  It's true, they last only one day, but no one said you can only take one photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment